Travelling with disabilities
This webpage is designed to provide useful information for travellers with disabilities in Scotland. Please contact us if you have any suggestions on how to improve this information at email@example.com
What Traveline Scotland already does for travellers with disabilities
- We use the BT Text Relay service (formerly TypeTalk) and our call centre staff are trained to use this facility.
- We have configured our journey planning software to give users information on the accessibility of bus stops and bus services where data on this has been supplied to us.
- Our call centre operators are given training on how to give the best and appropriate level of service to disabled customers.
- We offer Enable Scotland a service whereby enable card holders simply say that they are an Enable Card holder on contact with our operator and the operator will then know, without further explanation to exercise a special standard of care.
What information for disabled travellers is contained on these pages
- We provide contact details for other organisations who help or assist travellers with a disability.
- We provide information on the availability of accessible toilets and the availability of assistance for people with disabilities at bus stations, ferry terminals and rail stations.
- We provide information on the accessibility of individual stops, stations, airports and ferry terminals. We are working with partners within Local Authorities to make this information available and limited information is currently provided through our Call Centre only.
- We provide information where possible on the accessibility of vehicles normally used on a route. We are currently working on this and aim to provide details of this with a wheelchair symbol and percentage figure showing the planned availability on particular routes.
- We provide contact details of taxi companies serving major stops, stations, airports and ferry terminals. Please follow the link to www.traintaxi.co.uk
Wheelchair accessible services
Where a transport operator has provided us with information about services they operate with accessible vehicles, we will provide that information here: